Chicago Past is one of my favorite new tumblrs. I like to imagine that one of the young women seen strolling about in white shirtwaist and Gibson Girl pompadour is my great-grandmother.
Pictured is Madison St. If you look at the full-sized photo you can see a sign for the Midland Hotel on the left. This confused me at first because I know the Midland (these days it’s the W) Hotel to be on Adams. Apparently, this is an earlier Midland and the “new” Midland was built in the 1920s.
Also, see the Vogelsang restaurant sign to your right? I found an image of its interior here.
- santavaca-holycow likes this
- donotfurrowthatperfectbrow reblogged this from chicagopast
- kollegeking likes this
- raiinboots likes this
- arcadecastle reblogged this from brothersforcenturies
- robotsarethebest likes this
- brothersforcenturies reblogged this from chicagopast and added:
- emergencyreports likes this
- anythingcouldhappen reblogged this from chicagopast and added:
- coconutcradle likes this
- chicagopast posted this